Welcome all. Nice to see the follow ups.
Learning Event: Management of Digital photographs.
My group presented first in class. Irene and Dan did the presentation and illustrations. We later engaged the class and showed them details. We were using picassa as a photo management tool. The class was given an exercise and we(the group) had sent them web picassa albums which they dowloaded and started editing. The task was
- Open your gmail
- Open mail from Iryn
- Download pictures toPICASA
- Classify them into two classes (One having your personal”ME only” pictures and the other friends pictures)
- Upload to picasa web albums
- Add tags and captions
- Try to retrieve one particular picture
- Make a collage and a map of friends’ photos
- Link album in your blog
The group ably made it and on time. We later had feedback both the positive and negative. And we are working towards improving on the negative.
The other Learning events presented include the following
- How to make tutorial films
- Using Ning as a social network
On Monday, the 12th we continued with our learning event OPAC. However, we changed it to “Management of Digital photographs” because we wanted to be involved in a more digital tool to be used to manage picture collections in the library.
We prepared for the event and started on the Pecha kucha which we were supposed to present the following day to the entire summer school.
A trial for HTML coding
Posted by: monicalat2010 | July 7, 2010